Located in the West Ridge neighborhood, 5700 N. Lincoln Ave will be the forever home of JASC.
Formerly a US Bank building, JASC purchased 5700 N. Lincoln Ave in December 2022. Since then, JASC has been working diligently to design a space that will be a destination community center that showcases Japanese American culture, history, and tradition.
The 34,000 square foot, three story building will feature state of the art facilities to safely store the largest concentration of Japanese American archives in Chicago, run high quality day care programs for aging adults, and provide enriching cultural programs for all ages. Our building will be one we will flourish and grow in, as we look to expand our clientele, community, and staff in our new space.
- Open floor Adult Day Service areas with the ability to serve 65 clients
- Increased square footage for Legacy Center Library, Archive Storage, and Processing Workroom
- Collaborative second floor workspace for current and additional staff
- Demo Kitchen, Multipurpose Space & Conference rooms to host cooking classes, cultural programs, and meetings
- 2 Large Activity Rooms to host simultaneous children’s programs and special events
- Private parking lot
Renderings provided by METIS Design.